A theme is a combination of desktop background pictures, window colors, and sounds. All of the images will be downloaded when you click Download theme.
This theme can only be used in Windows 8, Windows RT, and in Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions.
To get a desktop backgrounds (wallpapers): right-click the image, and then click Set as background.
Installing Themepack Themes on Windows 8
Themepack themes still work properly on Windows 8. In order to install themepack themes all you have to do is to make sure that the Windows Themes service is running on your PC. This service MIGHT be stopped and prevent a proper installation of Windows 8 themes.
1. Double-click the themepack file on Windows 8 and it will automatically install the theme
2. Select different themes from the Windows 8 Personalization Control Panel
Installing Windows 8 Themes on Windows 7, XP and Vista
We have various Windows 8 themes for older versions of Windows on our site. For example here you can download Windows 8 themes for XP, Vista and 7. To install these themes on Windows 7 and Vista, follow the three steps below:
1. Download Universal Theme Patcher
2. Patch your theme files
3. Copy your Windows 8 themes to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
4. Open the Personalization Control Panel and select your newly installed theme
5. If the theme does not show up, make sure you did not extract the files wrongly.
To install shell themes on XP, it is usually enough to double-click the file Patcher.exe that should be in your Windows 8 themepack.
Installing Custom Themes on Windows 8
- While Windows 8 Developer Preview already recognized 3rd-party themes, this will obviously not work in later versions. Also, theme creators need to adopt to the various new theme files.
- As of right now, there are only few custom themes for Windows 8. To install custom themes you need a theme patcher that will unlock the files uxtheme.dll, themeservice.dll, themeui.dll, shsxs.dll
- Please check back later for this theme patcher that will allow you to install 3rd-party themes easily.